Tuesday 21 April 2015

Evaluation Question 3: what kind of media institute might distribute your media product and why?

The WWMD is a magazine distributing company that distribute any type of magazine. This company is known world wide so if I was to ask them to distribute my magazine, it will be seen by many people. WWMD distributes their magazines around the world and since I would like to expand into America, the WWMD will be able to sell the magazine direct from the stores already in the country.
The Time Inc UK company distributes the magazines that are very similar to my own. This could be a better choice because the magazines that are sold will increase because of how well known IPC is for distributing magazines for R&B and other genres that are popular in America and the UK. IPC sells an average of 350million magazines in total every year and since there are only a few hundred type of them, if my magazine was to be sold by them then it would most likely sell over a 50 million since its new to people. Since younger people are starting to buy and listen to Rap and R&B music, my sales will increase and advance in the media world. Since the Time Inc UK have experience in selling music magazine as a top seller, I will be choosing them to distribute my magazine over WWMD or even other magazine distributers such as karrang magazines which are very popular are known to of changed the way magazines are seen by the world. A problem that I have with distributing with Time Inc UK is that I need a reputation for a good magazine before they can accept my magazine into their popular large group of popular magazines. Since I will need a reputation, I will start of distributing in newsagents all around the UK to then expand my audience to the Americans once I have been accepted with Time Inc UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment